ALEXANDRIA, Va.—Today, Vision Expo released the expanded schedule of upcoming Virtual EYE2EYE Series topics. The series, which launched in mid-April and is inspired by Vision Expo’s EYE2EYE educational series, will continue into July with weekly “Coffee Talk” sessions on Wednesdays at 12:15 p.m. EST. Each interactive, virtual conversation is moderated by an industry expert and features vision community leaders and luminaries as panelists providing guidance and actionable business strategies to help eyecare providers protect their businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. Content will range from panels originally scheduled for Vision Expo East 2020 presented in adapted formats, as well as new, timely conversations addressing current challenges in the vision community related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
To learn more about the Virtual EYE2EYE Series, visit west.visionexpo.com/virtual-eye-2-eye. If you have previously registered for the EYE2EYE series you must register again using the following link: http://vew2020.com/CoffeeTalk
The Virtual EYE2EYE Series schedule is highlighted below:
Coffee Talk – Wednesdays at 12:15 p.m. ET
June 10: The Next Generation of Eyewear
- Moderated by Tarrence Lackran (@theopticalpoet), director of partnerships and programming at The Vision Council, this panel will feature young vendor and retail opti-entrepreneurs discussing their creations, innovations, inspirations, and how retailers and vendors can support one another in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. This conversation will include advice, insight and interviews as these four creatives explore the future of the independent eyewear industry.
- Panelists include: Kyly Zakheim-Rabin, owner of Zak.; Wes Stoody, founder and CEO at Article One; Garrett Leight, CEO at Garrett Leight California Optical; and Christos Karabelas, owner at SOMA Optical
June 17: Open Your Eyes! Taking Steps to be an Ally of Diversity & Inclusion
- Join Danielle Richardson, OD, for an educational discussion on the intersection of diversity, inclusion and allyship as she speaks with individuals from different segments of the optical industry. This discussion will explore the effects of the current racial climate on the black optical community and provide ways to work together as allies in pushing a more diverse and equitable agenda forward.
June 24: Vision Expo Honor
- Marge Axelrad, senior vice president and editorial director at Vision Monday, will sit down with pioneers in the eyewear industry to discuss the early developments in independent eyewear. Attendees are invited to relive eyewear history and hear what advice these legends have on how vendors and retailers can support each other in a post-COVID environment.
July 8: The Next Generation of Retail Speed Dating With Edward Beiner
- Moderated by Edward Beiner, CEO of Edward Beiner Eyes Forward, experienced independent retailers will serve as mentors to new or future independent retail owners. Interested mentees should apply here.
July 15: Incorporating Sports Vision & Performance Into Your Practice During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- International Sports Vision Association Board members Jarrod Davies, OD and FCOVD, and Jennifer Stewart, OD, will discuss how they have modified their practices to meet the needs of patient-athletes during this challenging time. The conversation will explore ways to serve the needs of athletes including necessary equipment, new technology, tailoring an eye exam for sports vision and the importance of prescribing the right sports and safety eyewear for sports and performance.
To pre-register for Vision Expo West, taking place Sept. 23-26 in Las Vegas, visit visionexpowest.com.