What personal information do we collect on the VM Web Site?
When you subscribe to Vision Monday, we ask you for your first and last name, title, company name, address, phone number, fax number, and e-mail address.
What happens when I click on the CE icon to take a CE test?
How do we use the personal information that we collect on the VM Web Site?
- Our fulfillment house, which currently is Hallmark Data, stores all the information that you enter on the online subscription form and makes that information available to our circulation department.
- Our circulation department may share your name and street address with our direct mail vendors (who are engaged on a job-to-job basis), who may send you renewal mailings, and with our list vendor, who may include your name and address in lists that it rents to third parties. We also may share your name and address with MBNA America Bank, N.A., with whom we have a credit card program. MBNA may use that information to send you offers for a JMI Optical credit card.
- We may send you subscription renewal forms by e-mail, and we or our list vendor(s) may send you (a) newsletters published by JMI and/or its affiliates about developments and opportunities in the optical and ophthalmic industries; (b) e-mails from JMI’s Eyefind® service, and (c) other advertisements and promotional messages for other optical products and services offered by JMI and by other companies. We may also provide your e-mail address to our affiliates and others in the optometric and optical fields who offer products and services that may be of use to you.
- If you provide your telephone number, we may share it with telemarketing companies (who are engaged on a job-by-job basis) who may use it to solicit renewals of your subscription, and with our list vendor, which may include the phone number along with your name and address in lists that it rents to third parties. You do not have to provide your telephone number to subscribe to Vision Monday.
- If you provide your fax number, you give consent for us to send you fax advertisements for JMI information products and services, including products and services of our subsidiary Frames Data Inc., and products and services of third parties in the optical and ophthalmic fields, at the fax number you have provided. We also may share your name and fax number with our fax vendor, who may send you subscription renewal forms by fax. You do not have to provide your fax number to subscribe to Vision Monday.
- If we are required to disclose your personal information by any applicable law, court order, or government regulation, we will comply with such laws, orders or regulations.
Do any third parties collect information on the VM Web Site?
Bizo, Inc. (www.bizo.com) collects non-personally identifiable information about visitors to the VM Web Site such as job function, seniority, company size, industry, and geography, which it calls “Bizographic Data.” Bizo uses Bizographic Data to track visitors to the VM Web Site by IP address and to serve ads to those visitors when they visit other Web sites within Bizo’s network. Bizo does not collect any personally identifiable information.
What about non-confidential information that I transmit to you?
Any communication or material that you transmit to us by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and nonproprietary. We may use anything you transmit to us or post on the VM Web Site for any purpose, including but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, posting and/or ranking. Furthermore, you expressly agree that we are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to us without compensation and for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services using such information.
How can I correct my personal information?
To keep your personal information accurate, current, and complete, please contact Hallmark Data Systems at 1- 877-529-1746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I be sure that my Information is secure on your Web site?
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information as you transmit it from your computer to our site and to protect it from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the VM Web Site may not be secure, Moreover, where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on the VM Web Site, it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
How will I know if this policy has changed?