2/11/2020 9:48:00 AM
Busy progressive Ophthalmic practice looking for an energetic new team member to join our practice. Experience is preferred, but not required. Room to grow in a busy practice in a great community. Fantastic benefit package offered.
The Ophthalmic Technician is responsible for gathering important medical information as delegated by the Physician inclusive of completion of a comprehensive patient intake assessment and ophthalmic testing ordered.
- Strong organizational and communicaton skills with attention to detal; positive interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a team member
- Demonstrates advanced comprehension of the role of the Ophthalmic Technician in a medical practice performing comprehensive works ups efficiently; performs duties of Physician Scribe
- Strong understanding of optics and the ability to perform vision and diagnostic testing
- Set up and assists Physician with minor surgery, laser procedures; maintaining practice standards of sterile technique and infection control
- Perform assessment of patient the day after surgery, providing care and post-operative instructions
- Complete requests for prescription refills as authorized by Physician, with full documentation in patient chart
- Provide patient education as directed by Physician
- HIgh School Diploma or GED equivalent
- COT/COA applicants encouraged to apply; practice supports continuing education
Apply Online: https://localeyesite.com/job/ophthalmic-technician-0211-merrillville-in-38391
<<< Back to Jobs listing