SYSTEMS / EQUIPMENT
Coburn Technologies Intros CobaltLTE Compact Free-Form Generator
Top Line: Coburn Technologies is introducing a new model of its latest lens generator, the Cobalt LTE, this week at International Vision Expo East. The generator is ideally suited for small and mid-sized laboratories to produce digital and traditional Rx lenses, according to Coburn Technologies.
Close Up: Coburn's latest free-form generator, the CobaltLTE delivers wet cut quality results without the need for a water management system, and only requires approximately 20 sq. ft. of lab space, inclusive of all ancillary equipment. The generator features Coburn's proven mist-cut generating technology as well as air bearing, voice coil, and direct drive technology to increase cutting accuracy and lens through-put.
Unlike the Coburn's previous compact generators, the equally compact CobaltLTE will work with the Cobalt DP polisher, other qualified soft-tool polishers, and Coburn's LaunchPad polishing technology, which allows operators to polish free-form lenses on a conventional cylinder machine.
"We are very excited to announce that we have successfully adapted our popular mist-cut technology from our larger industrial Cobalt system into a platform that ideal for small to medium-sized labs looking to be able to offer digital free-form designs in-house," said Alex Incera, president of Coburn Technologies. "Now these smaller labs can benefit from the same high quality surface finish while utilizing the same space currently available in their location."
- Processes traditional and digital free-form lenses
- "Cold-mist" system which provides wet-cut generating comparable results with superior surface finish without the need for a water management system
- Smaller footprint, requiring only approximately 20 sq, ft. of lab space including its external vacuum
- Direct drive spindle for improved control
- Coburn's patented and globally licensed single-point diamond turning lathe technology
- Precision air bearings and voice coil actuation for increased cutting accuracy
- Expandable product platform from conventional processing only (CobaltLT) upgradable to free-form (CobaltLTE) for a lower cost solution that grows with the customers' business
- Engineered and manufactured in U.S.
EXAMS / DISPENSING
Briot USA Debuts Optitab, a Versatile Device for Opticians
Top Line: This week at International Vision Expo East, Briot USA is releasing an optical tablet that is designed to assist opticians with fast and accurate measurements, frame selection, and lens option descriptions along with an enhanced virtual reality feature. The portable, light-weight device can be used almost anywhere and assists practices who visit offices and homes of patients for their eyewear selection
Close Up: Optitab features an all-in-one measurement capture with just one photograph. Measurements recorded include progressive seg heights, pupil distance, retroscopic and pantoscopic tilt angles, frame wrap, rear vertex distance, and automatically adjusts for natural posture to ensure accurate results.
The virtual reality option offers the ability to use different environments, adjust necessary add power, choose specific viewing angles, and show patients the performance of lenses being considered in the type of environment where they will actually be used.
www.briot.com/usa; (800) 292-7468
- Captures centration data such as monocular pupillary distance, multifocal segment heights, pantoscopic tilt, vertex distance, wrap of the frame
- Decentration values can be transferred via barcode printing (AirPrint compatible) and LabConnect using Cloud
- High resolution camera takes up to four photos
- Compare different frames and email photos to friends and family
- Offers different viewing angles of frame choices
- Photos can be zoomed for details
- Virtual reality tool allows for choice of different lens designs and surroundings
- Video camera can provide for live views
Gateway Professional Network (GPN) Releases The Edge 3.0
Product: The Edge 3.0
Top Line: For the last 10 years, Gateway Professional Network (GPN) has been dedicated to providing products and services for independents. "The new development of The Edge 3.0 is part of our ongoing commitment to always improve and provide the best tools to support the success of our clients," stated Jay Binkowitz, president, GPN. From both on-site visits and training to live business webinars and resources The GPN Experteam is focused on strengthening the foundation of profitability. GPN's unique products and strategies are successfully deployed in over 35 states and are tailored to the needs of the individual practice, he added.
Close Up: The enhanced Edge 3.0 includes an automated email report card summary, the new Edgemarks Comparison, used to compare individual practice performance with the top 10 percent of Edge 3.0 users. It also features an enhanced navigation system with quicker and easier access as well as a more robust resource library with business training materials and videos.
Vital Stats: "The Edge 3.0 is a serious game changer at a time when independents need hands on support more than ever," said Binkowitz. Along with providing The Edge 3.0 as a free upgrade to current clients, the company will continue to expand its Edge User Group workshops and personalized one-on-one coaching.
www.gatewaypn.com or (631) 626-9783
VMail Technology is a service of Jobson Medical Information LLC, the publisher of VisionMonday®,
100 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York 10013.
If you do not wish to receive future VMail Technology e-mails, please click UNSUBSCRIBE.
© 2014 Jobson Medical Information LLC All Rights Reserved EyesWay content is developed, sourced and
reported by the editors of EyesWay, the international news portal. VMail provides that content to its
subscribers as part of an exclusive news exchange agreement.