11/25/2014 11:45:00 PM
Provides primary ophthalmic care to patients acting as an assistant to physicians in the Department of Ophthalmology. Performs complete ophthalmic history and preliminary examinations, subspecialty tests and contact lens work.
• Training from an accredited Ophthalmic Technician/Technologist site.
• Successful completion of Ophthalmic Assistant course preferred.
• Certification required.
• CPR certification preferred.
• Three years of ophthalmic experience.
• Knowledge of professional ophthalmic theory, practice and medical care to give to and to evaluate patients.
• Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional ophthalmic technician/technologists to provide ongoing patient care, as well as in taking both medical and ocular histories to assess ocular conditions and interpret findings.
• Competitive compensation and generous benefits
• Superb educational opportunities plus tuition assistance
• New and upgraded training facility
• Free shuttle from Metro stations
Location, location, location!
Located in Washington, DC, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital offers an exciting lifestyle to complement a satisfying career. The DC Metro area is famous for its education and cultural venues in theater, music, museums, art galleries and restaurants. Employees live in DC, Maryland or Virginia, affording great choices in lifestyle just metro stops away from the hospital.
For more information and to apply online, please visit http://www.medstargeorgetown.jobs/jobs/71544/
Equal opportunity employer.
Apply Online: https://localeyesite.com/job/ophthalmic-technician-washington-dc-7771
<<< Back to Jobs listing