9/8/2014 11:46:00 PM
Semel Vision is in beautiful El Segundo, California, where the average temperature year-round is 65 degrees (10 degrees warmer than the US average)! In addition to an amazing climate, El Segundo has great schools, and is a great place to raise a family! Our town is business friendly, environmentally conscious, with a community of educated and successful people.
Our practice has a great culture! The Semel Vision team is a happy "family" that works very well with one another. Our location is in an affluent neighborhood that supplies our practice with wonderfully friendly patients. Our practice is equipped with new computers, phones etc., and we provide medical insurance, paying 70%. We are also willing to be flexible to accommodate employee schedules.
Semel Vision is looking for an experienced Optician to join our small team. The successful candidate would be a reliable self-starter who is able to work autonomously, has initiative and takes pride in their work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide prompt, courteous and professional service.
• Establish and maintain excellent customer service.
• Giving advice to patients on lens type, frames and styling.
• With further training, fitting contact lenses and giving advice on their care and use.
• Taking frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning.
• Advising partially sighted patients on the use of low vision aids.
• Advising patients when adjustments or repairs to spectacles are needed.
• Ordering lenses from prescription houses.
• Interpreting optical prescriptions written by optometrists or ophthalmologists.
• Checking lenses on delivery to ensure that they meet the required specifications
• Perform repairs, adjustments, and delivery of eyewear.
• Service planogram daily to ensure displays are orderly, clean, and stocked.
• Maintain professional relationship with Ophthalmologists and Optometrists in the practice.
• Complete all tasks as assigned by Managing Optician.
• Prepare and submit orders for inventory replenishment
• Conduct billing and posting functions
• Conduct eyeglasses’ checks
• Prepare daily sales – close-out report
• Prepare weekly sales summary
• Maintain requisite computer skills for performing assigned tasks
• Knowledge in fitting eyeglasses and contact lenses
• Evaluate eyeglasses and perform certain repairs.
• Advise and fit eyeglasses to patient’s needs.
• ABO certified
• High School graduate.
• Experience in Optical shop, and or wholesale company.
• Dispensed eyewear- retail.
• Works with managing optician in all phases of operation.
• Completes all duties assigned.
• Works with technicians in clinic to help understand any changes in the industry.
Apply Online: https://localeyesite.com/job/optician-0904-el-segundo-ca-7572
<<< Back to Jobs listing
• Be able to perform all tasks with very little supervision.
• Maintains and keeps managing optician informed of daily operation