11/25/2014 2:40:00 PM
- Examine eyes and visual system, diagnose problems or impairments, prescribe corrective lenses, and provide treatment
Apply Online: https://localeyesite.com/job/optometrist-corpus-christi-tx-6848
<<< Back to Jobs listing
- Diagnose, manage, and treat conditions and diseases of the human eye and visual system; may prescribe therapeutic drugs to treat specific eye conditions
- Examine eyes, using observation, instruments and pharmaceutical agents, to determine visual acuity and perception, focus and coordination and to diagnose diseases and other abnormalities such as glaucoma or color blindness
- Prescribe medications to treat eye diseases as state laws permit
- Prescribe, supply, fit and adjust eyeglasses, contact lenses and other vision aids
- Analyze test results and develop a treatment plan.
- Educate and counsel patients on contact lens care, visual hygiene, lighting arrangements and safety factors.
- Remove foreign bodies from the eye
- Consult with and refer patients to ophthalmologist or other health care practitioner if additional medical testing and treatment is required
- Maintain license with continuing education
- Participate in staff meetings and provide assistance in improving patient experience and work flow
- Smile and be courteous to customers and colleagues on phone and in person
- Perform other tasks as directed