Manager, Northeast Regional Sales
2/21/2014 11:32:00 AM
The major function of this position is:
Management, administration and development of a strong sales team in the northeastern region. Development of present and potential accounts that successfully fit the Maui Jim profile.
In order of importance, the principal responsibilities and duties of this position are:
1. Develops and manages the Northeast Sales Team through recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures.
2. Achieves regional sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining regional sales system improvements; implementing change.
3. Meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
4. Expands customer base by leading sales representatives; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
5. Field visitation and sales team development. On-site assessment of Field Sales Executives' time management, reporting; organizational and sales skills.
6. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
7. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
8. Keeps abreast and current on competitive products and situations within the industry.
9. Maintains communications with Maui Jim management team. Assess progress of strategic plans and provide feedback from the field.
10. Recommends new marketing and product enhancements in an effort to increase sales and revenue growth. Collect and supply information to management that can provide better service and penetration into our market.
11. Attends trade shows/conventions to gain sales leads and product feedback.
1. Represents the company when requested at professional meetings or industry functions.
2. Records and documents business expenses on a regular basis required for company payment.
3. Perform other work related tasks as requested or required.
Special Physical Requirements:
Ability to travel overnight
Ability to effectively communicate in a variety of business settings
Ability to utilize a PC
A. As a guide, indicated below is the preferred education and experience for this position:
College degree in business ore related field. 5+ years successful sales management experience in optical, sunglass or accessory field.
B. Listed below are the particular skills preferred for this position:
Meeting Sales Goals, Motivation for Sales, Territory Management, Presentation Skills, Performance Management, Building Relationships, Emphasizing Excellence, Negotiation, Results Driven, Sales Planning, Managing Profitability, Aloha Spirit
Apply Online: /job/manager-northeast-regional-sales-TBD-New+Jersey-6286
<<< Back to Jobs listing