9/17/2013 10:31:00 AM
Anesthesiologist – Immediate Opportunity Available
St. Luke’s at The Villages
St. Luke's is a large (19 M.D., 300+ employee) practice with seven locations in Tampa Bay and Central Florida. Our practice consists of St. Luke's Cataract and Laser Institute, St. Luke's Surgical Center, St. Luke's at The Villages, and St. Luke's Surgical at The Villages. In addition to being a multi-specialty ophthalmology practice and ambulatory surgical center, our staff includes licensed providers who specialize in cosmetology, dermatology, plastic surgery, and hearing services. Our main office is in Tarpon Springs, with additional locations in Clearwater, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Spring Hill, Bayonet Point, and The Villages.
We hire non-smokers only and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
The Heart of Florida
Conceived over 50 years ago - The Villages is an active retirement community located in sunny central Florida, mid-way between the Gulf and Atlantic coasts. An hour north of Orlando near Interstate 75 and the Florida Turnpike, close to Florida’s famous tourist attractions and Orlando’s International Airport.
St. Luke’s is actively seeking to hire a Board Certified Anesthesiologist (Physician) to work one day a week (Thursdays) at The Villages; no traveling will be required.
· Board Certification
· Active Florida State License
The Anesthesiologist will generally work between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Thursdays.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Administer sedation or anesthesia during routine outpatient ophthalmology cases.
· Monitor and assess patient’s vital signs before, during and after surgery and manage complications or adverse reactions.
· Record amount and type of anesthesia and pain relievers administered and patient reaction throughout medical procedures.
· Examine patient’s medical history and perform diagnostic tests to determine allergies and risk in administering anesthesia and pain relievers.
· Decide when patients have recovered or stabilized enough to be sent home following surgery.
· Coordinate with Physician in administering anesthesia before any surgical operation to determine effective anesthetic or sedation method.
· Perform preoperative history and physical exam prior to the surgical procedures.
Skills & Specifications:
Must have excellent communication skills
Must have excellent interpersonal and people management skills
Apply Online: http://www.localeyesite.com/listing/anesthesiologist-5702
<<< Back to Jobs listing