Director, Refractive Solutions
9/11/2013 11:55:00 AM
This position is expected to develop and expand our patient offering from laser vision correction to a full range of refractive surgical solutions by adding lens options for our patients such as Implantable Collamer Lenses, Refractive Lens Exchanges, Cataract procedures, and Premium Intraocular Lens procedures. The position operates in the capacity of developer and general manager with emphasis on integrating the new services into operations and partnering with, sales and marketing (including call center, managed care, and partner network) to reach patients of these new procedures, human resources for staffing and finance for coding, billing, budgetary and capital decisions.
1. Develop and grow a multi-site refractive solutions offering. Plan, develop, and drive the implementation of refractive services in existing Lasik/PRK only vision centers.
2. Develop and direct the implementation of effective patient identification approaches. This must be accomplished by working with surgeons and optometrists on identification criteria.
3. Develop and direct the implementation of effective patient experience processes. This may include activities such as developing training material for Call Center and Vision Center Associates, coordinating training activities through support resources, providing appropriate support for LCA’s OD community, and developing effective patient flow models.
a. Manage the culture shift from a Lasik provider to a broader service offering provider
4. Ensure refractive lens operations meet expectations by developing and implementing evaluation systems, metrics, reporting (quantitative and qualitative), and financial reviews.
5. Establish plans and actions to set up new clinics.
6. Assist in surgeon selection and foster excellent surgeon relations.
7. Work with Marketing and the Partner Network to identify strategies and tactics to reach potential patients.
8. Work with Managed Care team to ensure accessibility to appropriate and required insurance plans.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
1. Bachelor of Science in Business, or related, with a minimum of 15 years experience in business development. Experience in ophthalmology, specifically cataract, is a requirement.
2. Must have deep knowledge of the refractive lens and cataract space to include competition, lens alternatives, and equipment.
3. Strong knowledge and experience in multi-site clinical operations to include patient flow, and metrics management.
4. Must have experience in building a business including the development of processes, marketing and advertising, financial modeling.
5. Business and financial acumen.
6. Experience in identifying and negotiating business deals, including contract development and execution.
7. Able to communicate clearly and adjust communication styles to achieve objectives.
8. Must be able to influence direction without having complete control of resources.
9. Must have basic working knowledge of Insurance and Medicare billing.
Apply Online: http://www.localeyesite.com/listing/director-refractive-solutions-5654
<<< Back to Jobs listing