Certified Ophthalmic Assistant or Tech (COA or COT)
7/11/2014 1:45:00 PM
Northwest Eye Clinic, P.A. is currently seeking three Ophthalmic Assistant(s) or Tech(nician(s).
Northwest Eye Clinic P.A. is a multi specialty group founded over 40 years ago, is the oldest, largest, and most respected eye care practice in Northwest Minneapolis and its suburbs. From conducting routine eye exams, diagnosing eye disease, performing advanced surgical procedures, to handling eye emergencies 24 hours a day, our goal at Northwest Eye is to provide the highest quality eye care for adults and children of all ages.
JOB SUMMARY: To accurately and efficiently perform an extensive number of data collection functions as delegated by the physician to allow for proper professional diagnosis of patient’s conditions and to do so in a way that instills patient confidence in the treatment. To assist in the training and mentoring of less experience clinical staff.
Education and Experience
Preferably certified as an Ophthalmic Assistant.Preferably 1-year experience in ophthalmic or optometric practice
Contact lens experience & NCLC desired
Maintain current level of JCAHPO certification yearly
Maintain certification in CPR.
Working knowledge of all aspects regarding ophthalmic care.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform and document subjective and objective ophthalmic testing efficiently to provide basic and extensive information necessary for ophthalmic examinations. This includes but is not limited to: history, visual acuities, lensometry (manual and auto), keratometry (manual and automated) visual fields, tonometry, A-scan, B-scan, fundus photography, perform refractive surgery workup’s, assist with basic and complex clinical procedures, scribing, neutralization of contact lenses, fitting and evaluation of contact lenses perform I&R’s, documentation of contact lens orders and pricing, cleaning and polishing of contact lenses
- Acquaint all patients with the office procedures to which they will be exposed. Inform patients of the purpose of all tests personally performed and how they will be affected during the tests.
- Assist in the maintenance and calibration of equipment
- Assist with ongoing education and mentoring of staff
- Support clinic team
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Apply Online: https://localeyesite.com/job/certified-ophthalmic-assistant-or-tech-coa-or-cot-0708-golden-valley-mn-2389
<<< Back to Jobs listing