International Vision Expo Announces Launch of Vision Monday’s Eye2 Zone
International Vision Expo & Conference today announced the premiere of a new technology-focused booth, called Vision Monday’s Eye2 Zone, at International Vision Expo East, to be held March 14-17, 2013 at the Javits Center in New York City. Located in the Eyewear & Accessories Pavilion on Level 3, Booth #2622, the new area provides a place of self-discovery, allowing attendees the opportunity to explore the most innovative technologies and the expanding capabilities of eyewear and its role in everyday life.
“The Eye2 Zone is a must-see destination for your trip to Vision Expo,” said Deborah Malakoff Castor, vice president of shows and meetings for The Vision Council. “We are thrilled to introduce this new segment into the show.”
“International Vision Expo has seen a strong pattern of growth over the past few years, and the idea behind the Eye2 Zone was to introduce a new segment to attendees that would educate them, and thereby the consumer, on the exciting possibilities technology has on our industry’s products and services,” said Andrew Karp, editor of Vision Monday’s
Eye2 e-newsletter and curator of the Eye2 Zone. With seven visionary brands participating, the booth at International Vision Expo East will offer an insider’s look into some of the most interesting products unveiled at the International Consumer Electronics Show and other high-tech events. Products to be featured in the booth include:
• 4iiii by Sportiiii—Sportiiii’s utilized color LEDs and voice prompts provide performance feedback without distraction during physical activity. When used with the 4iiii app or website, these prompts can guide users to personalized preset targets for heart rate, speed, cadence and power as well as help track progress. The goal is to eliminate distractions, increase focus and produce results.
• eSight—eSight Eyewear is wearable, electronic assistive technology designed specifically for low vision. It incorporates prescription lenses with a high-resolution video camera and a bright, high-contrast, “virtual” display for each eye to maximize the effectiveness of remaining eyesight.
• Cinemizer by Carl Zeiss—The cinemizer OLED multimedia video glasses combine 3D movie enjoyment with outstanding image quality and stereo sound. The cinemizer utilizes lightweight, mobile technology to create a theater atmosphere by projecting a 40-inch image into the eyeglasses. The glasses can be connected to an iPod/iPad/iPhone, smartphone, Blu-ray player, gaming consoles, computers and more.
• Z3 GPS MOD by Zeal Optics—Handcrafted in Japan, the Polarized Automatic lens brings superior optical clarity. Lens features include anti-fog lens infused lens process, impact resistant frame technology, 100 percent UV protection, helmet compatibility and polarized automatic lens. MOD LIVE GPS System is Bluetooth enabled and allows for tracking speed, altitude, GPS, jump stats, temperature, distance, run, count and chrono. The 16:9 widescreen in-goggle display is ideal for smartphone connectivity to view Caller ID, text messages, buddy tracking, trail maps and navigation.
• PSio AVS by PSio—A powerful relaxation tool that utilizes sound and colored rhythmic lights to enable focus, quieting any internal dialogue and enabling a higher state of awareness. Programmed sessions range from five to 30 minutes and leave you feeling renewed, refreshed and energized.
• Innovega by iOptik—Innovega enhances normal vision using special contact lenses that make it possible to view virtual and augmented reality images in the same way we view the real world. The technology utilized in the iOptik approach eliminates bulky optics that have previously been required in the design of video eyewear products. The optics are entirely eliminated from the eyewear frame, enabling higher performance and better style than ever before. iOptik will be the platform of choice for emerging social media and augmented reality applications.
• Pivothead—Aurora & Durango glasses feature HD video, 8MP Sony CMOS Image Sensor for crisp still images, auto scene adjustment, wind-resistant audio recording, up to 16-shot rapid burst still photos, 8GB internal memory capacity, interchangeable UV blocking lenses, and more.