Identifying the 2011 Innovators
Vision Mondayand Review of Optometric Business worked with a Professional Advisory Panel, composed of various experts in the arenas of practice management and optometric consulting. The Professional Advisory Panel submitted nominations of practitioners they felt were noteworthy innovators in the following areas: Business Management, Optical Dispensing, Contact Lens Dispensing, Digital Media, Marketing, and The Patient Experience.
Among those on the 2011 Optometric Business Innovator Professional Advisory Panel:
• Gary Gerber, OD, optometric business consultant, The Power Practice
• Ann M. Hoscheit, OD, FAAO, FAARM: Summit Eye Associates-Founding Partner, Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry; COPE Reviewer, Women of Vision; Executive Board Member, W.O. Magazine; Advisory Board Member
• Rupe Hansra, OD, LensCrafters, Sr. Director Eye Care Central Group
• Priti Patel, OD, VP Operations and Professional Affairs, FirstSight Vision Services, Inc.
• Jeff Smith, OD, MBA, Chief Medical Officer, HVHC, Inc. (Highmark Vision Group)
• Walt West, OD, founder of Dr. Walt West’s Practice Management Academy; author of When Your Success Is On The Line, and chief optometry editor at Optometric Management.
• Mark Wright, OD, founder of Pathways to Success; Professional Editor, Review of Optometric Business; and faculty member of the Management & Business Academy (MBA).
We also solicited, separately, input from their readers via VMail and direct email, for innovative ODs in the same categories. Those submissions, along with the recommendations of the Professional Advisory Panel, were considered by the editorial teams of VM and ROB to determine the final 2011 selections.